Physiotherapy refers to the use of various modalities in the treatment of physical disorders. Types of physiotherapy may include using mechanical energy, heat energy, electrical energy, sound energy, and light energy. The types of physiotherapy modalities used at this clinic are heat energy in the form of hot packs and an electrical stimulation machine referred to as the Neuro Care 1000. These are used in adjunct to individualized treatment plans for mananging pain syndromes.
The Neuro Care 1000 is a FDA approved neuro-muscular stimulator that is currently marketed internationally. Because of newer advances in technology, Neuro Care 1000 can achieve more muscle recruitment via high voltage with less patient discomfort due to its low amperage.
Neuro Care is superior to other neuro-muscular stimulators in these ways
- Length of treatment time due to low amperage: The length of treatment time increases significantly using Neuro Care due to its low amperage. Because of this extended time for each treatment prescribed, greater results are seen in a shorter period of time: weeks rather than months, for example.
- Dual diagnosis: especially important for charting in MVA’s and worker’s comp cases. Dual diagnose allows the practitioner to accurately assess muscle imbalances and document objective findings as well as giving the practitioner more information to be used for evaluating prognosis, effectiveness of treatment plan, and future treatments.
The Neuro Care 1000 has been used to effectively treat
- Herniated discs
- Muscle imbalances
- Disuse atrophy
- Frozen shoulder
- Inflammatory conditions: epicondylitis, tendonitis, bursitis, etc…
- Spinal cord injury: can be successful if spinal cord is not severed and paralysis is due to inflammation
- Diabetic wounds and prevention of amputation
- Post surgical recovery
- Muscle spasms
- Deep tissue injury